Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Best Friend's Wedding

Cant really recall when is my first time watching this movie. It is indeed a very classic love story which on my favorite movie list top 5. This is a 1997 movie. In this movie, Julia Roberts as Julianne Potter, a quite famous food critics. She has a very close best friends who admired her for 9 years. His name is Michael' O Neal. They have been best friends for 9 years but they were nothing more than best friends.

One day when she was having food critics together with her another best friend, George, she heard the voice message left by her man, Michael, sounds desperate to talk to her. She called him on the night she heard Michael's voice messages. And she was very shock when Michael told her that he met someone and they are getting married in 3 days time. At the very moment she fell off the bed. So she told her another best friend, George to help act as her boyfriend. Everything went like roller coaster. She was plan to steal the charming bridegroom Michael O' Neal before his wedding. She did quite some stupid things. However, there are some quotes from this movie which I love so much.

I still remember the scene where Michael and Julianne spend one day together 'alone'. They both are on a ship with so many people on board. Michael said this "If you love someone, you say it, right then, out loud. Otherwise, the moment just passes you by. " However, Julia Roberts say it the phrase "the moment just passes you by" together with Michael at the same time. Beside this phrase, there is also this scene when it is almost ending le. It was the wedding night where everyone sit together having dinner together and giving some kind of 'toast' to the married couple for their wedding. Then its Julianne's turn to give toast. She said this " I had the strangest dream. I dreamt that some psychopath was trying to break the two of you up. Luckily, I woke up and I see that the world is just as it should be. For my best friend has won the best woman. I didn't buy you a gift. But this is on loan until you two find your song. " After she said that, then appears 2 girls singing on the stage. [I kind of love the song a lot, been trying to find it since I watch this movie, but couldn't, what I get in the end its only the original song sang by "The Way You Look Tonight" by Tony Bennett.]  It was a nice song though =)

P/s: Whoever wants to see this video, please use your earphone to listen, cause no idea why this video so soft. ^^

My Favorite Movie Top 5 ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment